Friday, September 28, 2012

Checkpoints Bugs & More Ways To Earn Points

(Go read this post for the latest info on how to earn points at Checkpoints to trade in for gift cards and other goodies.)

While I still like using the Checkpoints app, there are some irritating bugs. I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that I have an ancient version of Android (2.5 or something like that), or if they have issues on their end.

Checkpoints Bugs:
  • When I first load up the app, I am always asked to log in. A few months ago, before I uninstalled and then reinstalled it, I never had to log in except for the very first time I used it. Now I can't use it without being prompted for a login. This makes me wish I had chosen a shorter user name. I shortened my password to deal. 
  • Almost every time I load the app, the app freezes when I click on the sign-in button. Then when I start the app again, it works fine. It is really annoying. 
  • In some stores, Checkpoints only works with my wireless turned off. A side benefit of having to log in every time means that I can instantly tell when I need to turn the wireless off. If I don't get the screen that says "Thanks for reinstalling your app", then it means I need to turn the wireless off.
  • When I scan an item, I am usually prompted to answer whether I would be more likely to buy an item if I had a coupon for it. When I first started getting these, I got annoyed at how long it took me to get to the question, and also how long it took for it to finish processing the answer. On those occasions, I would back out of the screen and essentially skip the question and continue scanning. The result was lost coins and lost points. Once I figured it out, I no longer skip answering the questions. 
  • I haven't tested this in a while, but when I tried to download a game via the Try Apps section, I got logged out of Checkpoints, and the coins appear when I am not logged in. This is not a big deal, because I found downloading and trying apps the most cumbersome method of obtaining coins anyway. 
Other Ways To Earn Points And Coins On Checkpoints: 
  • Go to BonusCoins - unfortunately, this is only supported by iPhones, iPods, and iPads using the Safari browser, so I can't tell you much about it.
  • Go to earn.checkpoints.com and log in. You can earn points by applying for credit cards, taking surveys, buying stuff from the deal sites like Tippr and Groupon, and buying magazines. You only earn the points once the transactions are completed - surveys must be finished, deals must be paid for, etc. You probably won't qualify for all the surveys, and the surveys may ask for a lot of information before it rejects you for the actual survey. So if you have some time to kill, this might be interesting, but otherwise, I think it's easier to just get points and coins the regular way.

No comments:

Post a Comment